Bael (Aegle marmelos L), also known as Japanese Bitter Orange, Stone Apple, and Wood Apple - is an extremely popular sweet drink in both India and Thailand that is great both hot or cold.
The Bael Fruit tree takes around 11 months to ripen, and when it does - actually getting to the fruit can pose quite a challenge as this is one hard fruit! Once opened, one is rewarded with a taste and fragrance that can be described as 'sweet, aromatic and pleasant, although tangy and slightly astringent'.
Please note that this tea does contain a very small amount of small 'string fibres' - which is a part of the fruit itself.
A fruit considered holy in India, and commonly planted around temples.
For more information on the benefits of Bael Tea, read our article here!
Pesticide Free Thailand, grown in organic conditions
- Only 5 grams is enough to steep overnight in 1 liter of water (10g for double flavour).
- For best results, use boiling water first and then leave overnight in the fridge. With just a 40g bag, this will be enough for around 10 litres of iced tea. Easy!
- This tea steeps rather fast and will become strong quickly.
- Bring water to boil and steep a teaspoons worth for two minutes.
Why buy online with Tea Life? What sets it apart?
We're not just another tea brand. Our goal is simple.
We focus on Australian produce and organic tea wherever possible.
- Quality: Australian standards impose strict quality control on packing and Hygeine.
- Freshness: We only pack our tea upon your order. Until that time, it's kept within the bulk of the loose leaf tea. This dramatically increases freshness and taste.
- Health: The full remedial powers, taste and aroma of our tea are unlocked due to our organic and fresh produce.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.