How to make Matcha Tea
Preparing Matcha tea isn't as straight forward as your usual tea.
Originating from Japan, there's a bit of a ritual to the preparation along with a few varieties in how to prepare it which we've provided in some links below!
Step 1 - Sift the Matcha!
Place one or two tablespoons into your cup with a sifter. It doesn't really matter what size you use, but be sure to use one with fine holes to make sure all of the Green Matcha tea is properly separated.
Once that's done, it's time to move on to the next step! Don't worry, there's only three steps so after a few tries you'll be a Matcha tea pro in no time.
Step 2 - Add the water to the Matcha!
Carefully place around 60 milliliters to your prewarmed cup. Pre-warming is an important part of the tea making ritual, along with it being a common practice in higher end coffee shops.
For best results, try to use water that's just under boil.
Step 3 - Mix the Matcha!
Mix the Green Match Tea powder until it starts to froth up. That's when you know it's nearly done!
If you've sifted properly in step one, you shouldn't have to worry about any clumps and the consistency should be free of any imperfections.
Step 4 - Drink the Matcha!
And that's it really! It's an easy and fast ritual that takes a little more preparation than your usual tea, but it's well worth it for both the taste and the health benefits it provides.
We have premium quality Matcha tea available to buy here online at Tea Life.
Check it out here!
Additional Green Matcha Tea Recipes
If you're a Matcha lover, you're going to love these!
With everything from Instant Matcha Energy Drink, to Matcha Coconut Cake - consider this the bible of matcha tea recipes.
- If words aren't your thing, here's an easy to follow video guide on making matcha tea.
- Get the shakes from your regular energy drinks and looking for a natural alternative? This metabolism booster may be the answer you've been looking for.
- A natural, minty and delicious iced tea drink that is an amazing alternative to unhealthy iced tea pre made drinks that are often full of sugar.
- One normally doesn't think 'anti-oxidants' when they think of Popsicles, but here we are.
- Gluten free, the magic of matcha, and an extremely healthy coconut cake. What more could a health conscious individual ask for? Besides more matcha that is.
- Low carb, low fat, high in protein and sugar free. This milkshake will satisfy the dietary needs of many individuals in some of the healthiest ways possible.
- With protein and healthy fats (the good kind) you might have just found a healthy and cheaper replacement to your usual protein bar snacks.
- This slushy has so many anti-oxidants it's not even funny.
- Surprisingly easy to make, and a yummy healthier alternative to your usual chocolate cake.
- Chia provides you with the omega-3 and the Matcha provides you with the natural caffeine in this great breakfast bowl to start the day.
- Cookies with a twist. We've seen matcha icecream and slushies in this list, why not cookies too?
- In Japan these are called 'Matcha Nama Chocolates' which literally means 'melts in your mouth'.
- Matcha combined with creamy coconut just adds to the flavour and is another great example of the different ways to prepare this drink.
- Toby Gospodarczyk