What others say about this tea...
Pine Needle Tea
Please read brewing instructions below!
Pine Needle Tea (Pinus koraiensis Sieb. et Zucc) is a bit of a rarity in Australia, mostly being used as Chinese medicine - but has its own unique uses that make it a worthy addition to the Tea Life family. This is classified as White Pine.
According to studies, Pinus koraiensis Sieb is a good antiviral.
These particular Pine Needle Trees have been growing for over 50 years and then wildcrafted in the mountainous regions in North East China away from industrial zones.
Grown Lesser Khingan mountains, on the Russia China border.
Other compounds found within Pine Needle are below:
|Caryophyllene||Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
Traditional medicinal uses for Pine Needle tea are treating the flu, hormonal imbalances and complications with vision. For further reading and studies on Pine Needle and Pinus koraiensis Sieb. et Zucc in particular please see this paper here.
For full extensive databanks on this particular strand please see here.
This Pine Needle is Wildcrafted and Pesticide free. Our Pesticide report is downloadable here.
Pine Needle Tea has been used for
Treating hormonal imbalances
Protection/Treatment of the flu
Brewing & care
- Pine Needle is best to crush/grind or blend to release everything properly due to its slightly hardy protective coating.
- For optimal results, place 2-3g in blender with hot water, blend until ground and let steep for 10 mins. Steeping/filtering afterwards is recommended.
- Steeping overnight is also a good option for Pine Needle to ensure everything is released.
For further reading on how to brew Pine Needle, please see our article here.
Brewing instructions in video form here (best method)
More research is needed but to be on the safe side, avoid during pregancy.
In very rare cases, some may experience allergic reaction.
We understand that shipping fees are a little annoying, especially on low cost items such as tea. That's why we offer free shipping on all orders over $60 with Sendle.
Flat Rate Under $60 orders:
- Sendle $5.95 Australia wide
- Australia Post direct cost passed to customer. On average $7-$8.
Flat Rate Over $60 orders:
- Sendle FREE
Australia Post direct cost passed to customer. On average $7-$8.
Currently Sendle is recommended for VIC, SA, NSW.
Australia Post is recommended for WA, NT and QLD.
Our Returns policy is fairly generous and will accept returns or replacements easily if the item is defective e.g torn packaging or any other problems.
If change of mind or the taste isn't for you, please contact us and we'll also try to work something out.
Why buy online with Tea Life? What sets it apart?
We're not just another tea brand. Our goal is simple.
We focus on Australian produce and organic tea wherever possible.
- Quality: Australian standards impose strict quality control on packing and Hygeine.
- Freshness: We only pack our tea upon your order. Until that time, it's kept within the bulk of the loose leaf tea. This dramatically increases freshness and taste.
- Health: The full remedial powers, taste and aroma of our tea are unlocked due to our organic and fresh produce.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.