Organic Agrimony Tea
The Agrimony plant, otherwise known as 'Agrimonia eupatoria' has been used since ancient times to help heal various ailments. The very name of this plant comes from the Greek word 'Argemone' which means 'the plant that heals the eye'.
In the past, Anglo-Saxons used this herb to stop bleeding and heal wounds. The Chinese still use this herb today to treat menstrual difficulties, and has throughout the middle-ages been used as a sleeping aid.
Agrimony is also commonly used within Europe and North America to help various skin conditions, sore throats and diarrhoea.
For further reading, please see our article here.
From organic Australian suppliers.
A versatile herb, having been used for various remedies throughout history.
- Soothes skin conditions (Soak strong tea in compress and apply several times daily)
- Sore throats (Use a strong blend, steep for 5 to 15 minutes)
- Diarrhea (4-6 cups a day recommended)
Agrimony tea benefits can include increasing skin health, along with cleansing, tightening, shrinking pores, reducing inflammation and is worth trying if you suffer from eczema, psoriasis or other related problems.
On top of this, Agrimony is reported to have reduced heavy bleeding during menstruation, along with discomfort and/or pain. During medieval times, agrimony was even used to treat injuries and reduce bleeding.
Many people will also be using Agrimony for hair due to its inclusion of silicic acid. This acid can boost the health of hair, nails, reduce hair loss and increase growth.
Agrimony tea has also been used for a long time to reduce a range of digestive issues.
For those wishing to go through a body detox, Agrimony may be a good one to include in your detox program as the thiamin, quercitrin, and catechins contained within are known to aid the liver and gallbladder. These two organs are vital components of the bodies detoxification process.
Agrimony also has active components that can increase the insulin uptake of the body, and thereby may help those suffering from diabetes.
How to make Agrimony Tea
- 1 teaspoon of Agrimony tea per cup.
- Cover and steep until the mixture is cool. The longer you let it steep, the more tannins are extracted.
- Once the mixture is steeped, strain. Leaves can be reused twice.
This is safe and non toxic in moderate amounts. Excessive use could aggravate constipation.
Why buy online with Tea Life? What sets it apart?
We're not just another tea brand. Our goal is simple.
We focus on Australian produce and organic tea wherever possible.
- Quality: Australian standards impose strict quality control on packing and Hygeine.
- Freshness: We only pack our tea upon your order. Until that time, it's kept within the bulk of the loose leaf tea. This dramatically increases freshness and taste.
- Health: The full remedial powers, taste and aroma of our tea are unlocked due to our organic and fresh produce.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.