Butchers Broom Root (Ruscus aculeatus L) is also known as Knee Holly, Sweet Broom, Box Holly and Jew's Mantle. This has been used as a remedy for a number of ailments such as circulatory issues, diuretic, gallstones and many others.
However where Butchers Broom really shines and why we have made this an addition to our Tea Life range is the effect it can have on the veins, namely post-thrombotic syndrome. Studies have shown very good results in using this root as a natural remedy for Chronic Venous Insufficiency (CVI) which can normally be a little difficult to treat.
It's thought that Saponins and the compound Esculin are the little helpers in Butchers Broom root that help to aid against CVI.
Orthostatic hypotension is also something that Butchers Broom is known to aid against.
From organic Australian suppliers.
Butchers Broom Benefits
A great vein and circulatory herb!
- Vein health
- Circulatory wellness
- Add around 1 1/2 teaspoons to strainer in hot water. This is a heavy root tea.
- Steep for 5 minutes with the cup covered.
May interact with blood pressure and stimulant medications.
Why buy online with Tea Life? What sets it apart?
We're not just another tea brand. Our goal is simple.
We focus on Australian produce and organic tea wherever possible.
- Quality: Australian standards impose strict quality control on packing and Hygeine.
- Freshness: We only pack our tea upon your order. Until that time, it's kept within the bulk of the loose leaf tea. This dramatically increases freshness and taste.
- Health: The full remedial powers, taste and aroma of our tea are unlocked due to our organic and fresh produce.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.