What others say about this tea...
Assam Tippy Tea Second Flush
Here we have the holy trifecta of Assam - Pesticide Free, Tippy and Second Flush!
Assam tea is named due to the region of harvest, Assam in India - and is a black tea under the blanket of the Camellia Sinensis var assamica plant. Grown near sea level, a distinct body, briskness, malty flavour, and strong, bright colour emerges. Personally I think there is a slight sweetness to this batch too (more on this below).
This being OP and Tippy grade, this is one of the highest quality Assam teas around and not to be confused with regular Assam.
The second flush is the most prized harvest with Assam, and if conditions are right - will be called 'tippy' tea due to the golden tips appearing on the leaves, visible in the images here. In general, the second flush is considered sweeter, with a fuller body and of a better quality overall.
Organically grown India
1. Assamica Tea Leaves (Camellia sinensis var. assamica): Harvested with meticulous care from the prized gardens of Assam, the leaves are known for their distinctive larger size and robust, malty flavor profile. These select leaves form the heart and soul of our tea, providing a true taste of Assam's tea-making excellence.
Each sip of Assam Tippy Second Flush Tea is a journey into the heart of Assam's terroir. The initial taste is marked by a bold, malty richness that envelopes the palate with warmth and depth. As the infusion progresses, a subtle, honeyed sweetness emerges, adding a layer of complexity to the flavor profile. The finish is smooth and satisfying, leaving you with a lingering sense of indulgence and contentment.
Aroma and Appearance
The aroma of Assam Tippy Second Flush Tea is a testament to its exquisite craftsmanship. As the leaves steep, they release a heady bouquet of malt and honey, filling the air with an inviting warmth. The liquor itself is a deep, russet hue that mirrors the robustness and depth of flavor that awaits in every cup.
Assam Tippy Second Flush Tea is a celebration of Assam's rich tea-making heritage, where the craft has been perfected over centuries. It embodies the deep connection between the land, its people, and the legacy of tea cultivation that has made Assam a world-renowned tea region.
To unlock the flavors and benefits of assam tea, follow these simple steps:
- Water Temperature: Bring fresh, filtered water to a rolling boil (about 212°F or 100°C).
- Steeping Time: Allow the tea to steep for 3-5 minutes to extract the optimal blend of flavors and properties.
- Serving: Enjoy the infusion plain or with a touch of milk and sugar to your preference.
We understand that shipping fees are a little annoying, especially on low cost items such as tea. That's why we offer free shipping on all orders over $60 with Sendle.
Flat Rate Under $60 orders:
- Sendle $5.95 Australia wide
- Australia Post direct cost passed to customer. On average $7-$8.
Flat Rate Over $60 orders:
- Sendle FREE
Australia Post direct cost passed to customer. On average $7-$8.
Currently Sendle is recommended for VIC, SA, NSW.
Australia Post is recommended for WA, NT and QLD.
Our Returns policy is fairly generous and will accept returns or replacements easily if the item is defective e.g torn packaging or any other problems.
If change of mind or the taste isn't for you, please contact us and we'll also try to work something out.
Why buy online with Tea Life? What sets it apart?
We're not just another tea brand. Our goal is simple.
We focus on Australian produce and organic tea wherever possible.
- Quality: Australian standards impose strict quality control on packing and Hygeine.
- Freshness: We only pack our tea upon your order. Until that time, it's kept within the bulk of the loose leaf tea. This dramatically increases freshness and taste.
- Health: The full remedial powers, taste and aroma of our tea are unlocked due to our organic and fresh produce.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.