What others say about this tea...
Devils Claw Tea
Devils Claw (Harpagophytum procumbens) also known as grapple plant and wood spider, is native to the South African region and named so due to the unusual claw like appearance of the hooked fruit it produces.
The root of this herb has been used to treat lower back pain for centuries and although little scientific study has been done, it has been found to be more effective than placebo - which is a good start! In fact this herb is mostly known as a 'pain treatment' herb.
Any condition such as arthritis, muscle pain and even gastrointestinal or gout issues which produce inflammation and thus some resulting pain may benefit from drinking this herb. The list is of common uses for this herb is a little too long to include here, so we encourage our readers to do their own research. We also have an article here for further reading.
From organic Australian suppliers
Devils Claw Benefits
Mainly known as a 'pain treatment herb', uses include...
- Can help reduce back pain
- Reduces inflammation and swelling
- To brew Devil's Claw tea, start by boiling water. Add 1 teaspoon of Devil's Claw root to a teapot and pour the hot water over it. Steep for 10-15 minutes, strain, and enjoy. Optionally, add honey or lemon for flavor.
- To steep Devil's Claw on a stove, simmer 1 teaspoon of Devil's Claw root in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, strain, and it's ready to drink.
This is safe and non toxic in moderate amounts. Excessive use could cause diarrhea, and no studies have been performed to verify its safety during pregnancy.
We understand that shipping fees are a little annoying, especially on low cost items such as tea. That's why we offer free shipping on all orders over $60 with Sendle.
Flat Rate Under $60 orders:
- Sendle $5.95 Australia wide
- Australia Post direct cost passed to customer. On average $7-$8.
Flat Rate Over $60 orders:
- Sendle FREE
Australia Post direct cost passed to customer. On average $7-$8.
Currently Sendle is recommended for VIC, SA, NSW.
Australia Post is recommended for WA, NT and QLD.
Our Returns policy is fairly generous and will accept returns or replacements easily if the item is defective e.g torn packaging or any other problems.
If change of mind or the taste isn't for you, please contact us and we'll also try to work something out.
Why buy online with Tea Life? What sets it apart?
We're not just another tea brand. Our goal is simple.
We focus on Australian produce and organic tea wherever possible.
- Quality: Australian standards impose strict quality control on packing and Hygeine.
- Freshness: We only pack our tea upon your order. Until that time, it's kept within the bulk of the loose leaf tea. This dramatically increases freshness and taste.
- Health: The full remedial powers, taste and aroma of our tea are unlocked due to our organic and fresh produce.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.