Lapsang Souchong Tea Australia
This is our highly recommended extra smokey blend! For an alternate version of our Lapsang please see our second blend here.
The Wuyi region of the Fujian province in China is famous for producing this wildly popular smoky black tea named Lapsong Souchong (立山小种). After smoking over a pine fire, this tea is transformed into an aromatic masterpiece.
Some say that the origin of this tea dates back to the Qing era in China, with some passing armies delaying the drying of tea leaves that normally occurs during that time. To speed up the process of drying in order to satisfy demand, the workers hastened the drying by placing the leaves over pine fires. Lapsang Souchong is also reportedly the first black tea in history!
We also have an Earl Grey version of this tea here.
- Add 1 level (not heaped) teaspoon to boiling water.
- Steep time will dramatically affect flavour, with a good starting point being 2 1/2 minutes.
Why buy online with Tea Life? What sets it apart?
We're not just another tea brand. Our goal is simple.
We focus on Australian produce and organic tea wherever possible.
- Quality: Australian standards impose strict quality control on packing and Hygeine.
- Freshness: We only pack our tea upon your order. Until that time, it's kept within the bulk of the loose leaf tea. This dramatically increases freshness and taste.
- Health: The full remedial powers, taste and aroma of our tea are unlocked due to our organic and fresh produce.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.