We've all read about the fabulous benefits of drinking a regular cup of chamomile tea but have you ever thought about the amazing benefits this tea can have as an addition to your skin routine?
How Can A Chamomile Face Mask Benefit My Skin?
This wonder herb has astringent qualities which make it the perfect solution for balancing excess sebum build-up, which is what causes oily skin. So, this face mask will be the perfect match for you if you have oily or combination skin!
Chamomile tea also helps decrease rosacea and psoriasis due to the natural anti-inflammatory properties contained inside the flower. This is exactly why we have decided to put together the ultimate face mask for a relaxing at-home spa session!
You can also use this mask on any other areas of your body where you are suffering from inflammation or conditions like eczema or psoriasis. The added vitamins in the banana and the anti-inflammatory qualities of both the chamomile and honey will allow this mask to work its soothing magic just about anywhere!
What Do I Need?
You will need:
- One chamomile tea bag
- One ripe banana
- One teaspoon of honey (preferably manuka)
- Prepare your chamomile tea allowing it to steep for a few extra minutes to make sure it is extra strong! Don't worry, this cup isn't for drinking! Set aside for later and allow to cool.
- Thoroughly mash your ripe banana. The riper the banana, the better as you will get a much smoother mask which will be easier to mix well with the other ingredients.
- Add your honey to your mashed banana and mix well.
- Next, spoon two or three tablespoons of your cooled chamomile tea into your mixture and stir until combined completely.
- Using your fingers or perhaps a silicone brush, apply liberally to wherever your mask is needed the most!
- Leave your mask on for around 10 minutes, listen to some soothing music or watch some Netflix!
- After 10 minutes, remove using cool water and pat your face dry with a soft towel.
- Enjoy your wonderfully nourished skin!
Chamomile Tea and Hair
This mask is also wonderful as a hair mask if you leave out the honey! The vitamins A, B, C and E in the banana leave hair wonderfully soft, whilst naturally brightening your hair and the chamomile tea is incredibly soothing on any irritation to your scalp.
If you would like to read more about the incredible benefits of chamomile tea then why not check out our tea blog here? We have some really cool recipes featuring some of our favourite kinds of tea so why not take a sneaky look?
If you're in need of a new chamomile tea then try our favourite blend here! It's completely organic and it tastes great!
Join the Tea Life Club and earn loyalty points. You also earn $5 credit when you first join and earn a further $5 when you subscribe to our newsletter.