Completely delicious, pretty healthy and loaded with all the benefits of green tea! Also equally as enjoyable when eaten with a cup of tea! If you love shortbread, you will adore these cookies. Here's our green tea cookie recipe!
Between 40 and 50 cookies
2 Cups of Plain White Flour
8 Green tea Teabags
1 tbsp of Matcha powder
1/2 tsp of Salt
1 Cup of Softened Butter
1/2 Cup of Confectioner's Sugar
2 Cups of White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celcius and prepare some baking sheets by lining them with baking paper. About three large sheets should do it!
- In a large mixing bowl combine the contents of your tea bags, the flour, salt and the matcha powder. We suggest doing this with a whisk.
- In a second mixing bowl cream together the butter and the sugar until smooth. Resist the temptation to start eating the mixture from the bowl!
- Combine the two mixtures in a large bowl and mix with a fork. For some reason, it doesn't stick as much to a fork as a wooden spoon so washing the dishes is a little easier!
- Now you can add the white chocolate chips!
- Start to roll out the cookie dough on a floured surface with a rolling pin and cut it into individual cookies. You can also use a floured wine glass. This step is often easier if the dough is allowed to rest in the refrigerator before hand but it is not 100% necessary!
- Place the cookies on a baking tray and bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly browned!
If you want to be extra indulgent you can also dip these cookies into melted white chocolate or add a white chocolate drizzle to make them look a little fancy!
Looking for the perfect green tea? Visit our online store and make the most of our free shipping on orders over $60 or shipping for just $5.95 for orders under!
We also have a fantastic tea blog with articles on the many amazing health benefits of drinking green tea!