A delicious minty treat whatever the weather, peppermint tea cakes are comforting yet refreshing and give you all the benefits of peppermint tea in a delicious little snack.
Ideal to grab as an office snack or to bring to a party, let's dive into our tasty peppermint tea cake recipe!
About 50 tea cakes
1 Cup of Softened Butter (we prefer using salted butter)
1/2 Cup of Confectioner's Sugar
1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 Cups of Plain White Flour
1/4 Tsp Salt
1 Cup of Crushed Peppermint Candies or Candy Cane
1 Peppermint Tea Bag
1/2 Cup of Whole Milk
1 Cup of Finely Chopped Nuts (we love walnuts!)
A little extra Confectioner's Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 204 degrees Celcius!
- Grab a saucepan and add your milk then put on medium heat. Next, add your peppermint tea bag and let simmer for five minutes. After simmering, remove your milky tea from the stove and let it cool.
- Place the butter, confectioner's sugar and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl and mix until smooth and creamy. We suggest using a mixer for this unless you are aiming for biceps that rival Popeye!
- Fetch another mixing bowl and combine your flour, salt and half of your crushed peppermints. Once these ingredients are thoroughly combined we can add them to the sugary butter mixture.
- Mix both the sugary mixture and the dry ingredients before adding your milky tea! Stir thoroughly until well mixed and grab your chopped nuts. Add them slowly to the mixture as well!
- Prepare a cookie sheet and start rolling your mixture into one-inch balls. Place the balls roughly two inches apart from each other on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for about eight minutes but do not let them get brown in the oven!
- Once baked, remove your tea cakes from the oven and roll in extra confectioner's sugar. After they have cooled off a little you can roll them in the remaining crushed peppermints too!
If you want to make these tea cakes extra tasty we recommend dipping them into melted chocolate for an extra indulgent treat! Sometimes we liked to add extra peppermints to the chocolate, making a super cute party treat!
If you would like to read more about the awesome benefits of peppermint tea then check out our article here.
You can also join our exciting tea club where you have the chance to earn loyalty points. You also earn $5 credit when you first join and earn a further $5 when you subscribe to our newsletter.
Maybe you fancy purchasing some peppermint tea for these tea cakes? Check out our online store where we stock a great peppermint tea blend and have flexible payment options, including Afterpay & Zip Pay on all orders!