When talking about Hibiscus tea we usually like to discuss the incredible health benefits or fantastic taste of this herbal blend. However, Hibiscus tea can be used for so much more than that!
Bake your tea into cakes or cookies or perhaps bring a more adult version of Hibiscus tea to your next party!
With the festive season coming up no doubt you'll have plenty of opportunities that require serving a refreshing cocktail to perk up your party guests. But what should you serve? Of course, as true tea enthusiasts, we have created a delicious recipe featuring one of the tastiest herbal teas on the market.
Enjoy our fabulous Spiked Citrus Hibiscus Tea this holiday season!
4 people (or two enthusiastic party people!)
55g Dried Hibiscus Petals or two Hibiscus Teabags
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lime juice
240ml of cool Vodka
1 large glass of crushed ice
- Our first step is to prepare our Hibiscus tea. Add the 950ml water to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil. You need to add your tea bags or dried Hibiscus petals to the boiling water and let steep for 5 to 10 minutes. If you look out for your petals to change to a yellow color, that is the time to remove your petals or tea bags. Do not leave for longer than 10 minutes or your tea will develop a slightly sour flavor.
- Next, add the sugar to your boiling tea. Stir the mixture until all of the sugar has dissolved and you are left with the sweetest saucepan of Hibiscus tea ever! Set the mixture aside to cool down completely.
- Grab your vodka and add both the lemon and the lime juice. When your tea mixture is completely cool you can add the citrus vodka mix to the saucepan.
- Keep the mixture in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it to your party guests.
- When it is time to serve, grab your crushed ice and divide it between four glasses. Then you should pour your spiked tea cocktail over the crushed ice. Garnish with a slice of lemon or lime and a tiny umbrella and prepare to wow your guests!
Feel like adding a twist?
For a fun twist on this mixture, you can introduce berry-flavoured syrups or a berry-flavoured vodka! Introducing a Blackberry flavour can bring a fun festive feel to this drink.
Want to find a perfect Hibiscus teabag for this recipe? Head on over to to our Herbal Teas and discover the fantastic range of both loose-leaf and bagged teas. Don't forget to take advantage of our flexible payment options, including Afterpay & Zip Pay on all orders.
Or read more about Hibiscus Tea in our Tea Journal. Find articles on the Benefits of Hibiscus Tea or check out our delicious Cold Brew recipes! There are many amazing ways to use Hibiscus Tea so why not join the Tea Life Club and earn loyalty points? You also earn $5 credit when you first join and earn a further $5 when you subscribe to our newsletter.