If you look up pictures of Mullein you might think we are crazy when we say we can turn this fuzzy-looking weed into a delicious tea. For many years herbalists have used this funky-looking plant as a natural remedy for dozens of respiratory conditions such as asthma and bronchitis. Some have even described this herbal tea as the Mystery Mucus Magician. You can also enjoy Mullein tea as a natural antiviral treatment or even an anti-inflammatory treatment.
If you are looking for a tasty mug of something healthy for the holidays or to unwind over a warm beverage after a hard day at work, look no further than our delicious Berry Mullein Tea Recipe!
3-4 cups of tea
3-4 Mugs of water
2 tsp of loose-leaf Mullein tea or 2 teabags
1/8 cup chopped raspberries
1/8 cup chopped blackberries
1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Begin with washing your blackberries and raspberries. Then you should finely chop them into very tiny pieces. Luckily these berries are easy to get into small pieces which will make the next steps much easier!
- Pour the water into a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil on the stove.
- Add both your blackberries and raspberries to the water. Be careful not to splash any hot water on yourself when placing the berries into the saucepan! This is also the best time to add your ground ginger to the water!
- Once the water is boiling, add your tea leaves or tea bags. Take off the heat and let steep for around 10 minutes.
- Using a tea strainer or a cheesecloth, thoroughly strain your tea leaves and berries. Remove them from your tea.
- Pour your finished tea into your favorite mug and enjoy!
With this delicious beverage, you will get all the benefits of Mullein tea with a tasty berry flavour, the perfect pick-me-up at the end of any busy day! This tea is great for treating a sore throat or a cough and can easily have honey added to it for an extra sweet treat.
How To Enjoy Mullein Tea:
This tea can be enjoyed both hot and cold! When serving cold it is best to pour it over ice for the ultimate refreshing beverage. When you are serving this tea cold you can always add a slice of lemon and a stick of cinnamon to make it extra cosy!
More about Mullein Tea & Tea Life:
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of Mullein tea, then check out our tea journal posts! You can also learn how to brew the perfect cup of Mullein tea or even learn more about Mullein itself!
If you are interested in purchasing Mullein tea be sure to check out the listing in our online store, from $8.95 (40g). Or you can even take advantage of our newly opened tea cafe in Sydney where you can come and join us for a delicious cup of Mullein tea!
Don't forget to join the Tea Life Club and earn loyalty points. You also earn $5 credit when you first join and earn a further $5 when you subscribe to our newsletter.